A town in mid-Batroun District, 15km from the city. Its altitude is 500 m. It can be reached from Batroun through Edde, Jran, Deria; or through Ijdabra, Bejdarfel, Kfifane and Deria. Its St-Taracus’ parish church (Mar Edna) dates back to 1930. It has been expended lately. Chabtine has also an old church to Virgin Mary, built on the rubble of a heathen temple, but it’s now demolished. Next to it is the newly-built Lady’s Church ( As-Saydet). Besides these churches, there is the Byzantine Church of Sts-Sergius and Bacchus (Mar Sarkis wa Bakhos) restored around 1872, and flanked by big sarcophagi. Many restaurants offer Lebanese Mezze and food.