A traditional, rural town located in the highland of Batroun District. It is 45 km distant from the city, with an altitude of 1100 m. It can be reached from Batroun via Ijdabra, Bejdarfel, Kour, Kfarhatna, Zan, Assia and Bcheale. It is characterized with redbrick houses and takes the shape of a scorpion if observed from the “Slayyeb” of Bcheale. It has several old churches, the most important being St-Simon’s (Mar Semaan), St-George’s (Mar Gerges, 1868) and St-Elias’s (1853). One can also find churches of the “Ladies (Saydet) of Najat and Niyah”, and the Lady of Annunciation (Saydet Al-Bishara), along with St-Artemius’ (Mar Shallita) built with the stones of a heathen temple. Douma has also a number of monasteries: St-John’s (Mar Youhanna,1770), St-Lucius’ (Mar Nohra), St-Domèce’s (Mar Doumit, built with the stones of a pagan temple), add well as the convent of the Basiliate Shoueiriyat Nuns. There are seven sarcophagi, the most important of which rests in mid-town with Greek words. One can also find scattered Latin writings dating back to the days of the Roman Emperor Adrianus. Douma is well known for its old, traditional marketplace where some handicrafts are still practiced like those of Arab and Western blacksmiths, or like woodcarving and where one can find an old cinema hall. Douma is also famous for the sweet “loukoum” – Turkish Delights – known in Arabic as “Rahat al-Halkoum”. In addition, there is an association that does traditional handiwork. Each year a festival of traditions is held in Douma. One can find a majestic, circular hotel overlooking the Northeast entrance to Douma. There is also a restaurant that offers Lebanese and Western food and hosts celebrations on some occasions.