A town overlooking Batroun City from the eastern side and 6 km far from it. Altitude 440 m. It can be reached from Batroun via Ijdabra. Its St-John the Baptist’s parish church (Mar Youhanna Al-Ma’madan) dates back to 1882, and to its east the church of the “Baydar Lady” (Saydet Al-Baydar). There is also the new St-Charbel church. One can also find St-Nicolas’ Hermitage (Mar Zakhia) with a ruined ceiling and close to it “St-George Afrit’s” Church (Mar Gerges Al-Afrit). In the area called “Dahr Ghala” there are vestiges of an old church named after “Mar Ghala”. There is also St-Charbel’s Monastery (6th – 7th century) overlooking Batroun City, but of which only the church and some demolished tons are extant. In addition, there is “Mar Shina’s” church dating back to the 18th century in the area called “Karna’oun”. To the northern part of the village stands the central convent of the Maronite Nuns of the Holy Family. It was built at the close of then nineteenth century. Its old church preserves the tomb of Patriarch Elias El-Hoayek (the founder of The Order) and his statue sculpted by his nephew, the artist Youssef Sa’dallah El-Hoayek. Around St-Charbel’s monastery there is a calm, natural place, equipped for picnics. There is also “Al-Wata” area, north-east the nun’s convent, where spaces among pine trees are used by Scouts for summer camps. In “Karna’oun”, a space is created to host weddings, banquets and different festivities.