A coastal town to the north of Batroun City, separated from it by the outlet of the “Al-Jawz” River. It stretches from the coast to a 10 meter altitude. One can find the “Niyah Lady’s” parish church (Saydet An-Niyah), the Crusaders’ San Savior Church (San Sabour) that dates back to mid-twelfth century (1150 A.D), and St-Jacob’s Church (Mar Ya’koub) built on a heathen temple and still remaining of it a Crusaders’ wall in its southern part. There are also rocky cemeteries, archaeological grottos that Stone Age man inhabited. One of the grottos was transformed into a shrine for St John the Golden Mouth (Mar Youhanna Fam Ezzahab).