A town in mid-Batroun area, 18 km distant from the city, at an altitude of 650 m. one can reach it from Batroun via Ijdabra, Bejdarfel, Kour and Kfarhatna. Its St John the Baptist’s parish church (Mar Youhanna Al-Ma’madan) dates back to around 1904. One can also find the older St-Sergius church (Mar Sarkis) built on the vestiges of a heathen temple. In addition, its Lady Barbara’s Church (Saydet Al-Barbara) was recently constructed east to the old church excavated in rock that was once a pagan temple. Besides, one can find tombs excavated in rock with sarcophagi. Close to St-John’s church one can see the largest and oldest oak tree in Batroun District.